Monday, April 11, 2011

11th April 2011

Well, Here I am again and another 3 weeks down the track.
The Spanish swimmer got across successfully last set of tides in 8.5 hrs  but I am told conditions were not pleasant.  Conditions went downhill after that swim and now here we are at another set of tides.

I managed 43km in the week after the last tides and have been easing off over the last week.  On Sunday I reluctantly sat out the Auckland Central Masters Rangi swim which was run in perfect conditions.

Missing Rangi was the right call in hindsight as I had a call from Philip Rush tonight and he's taking a swimmer across tomorrow and I'm packing my bag for Wednesday and hoping the weather holds.

We are dealing with Wellington weather here so there is still a strong element of chance involved.

I should know one way or another late afternoon tomorrow so my next blog will hopefully be from Wellington tomorrow night.

Watch this space

1 comment:

  1. Got my fingers, toes and the 3 hairs on my head crossed for Wednesday Geoff

    ReplyDelete