Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday 7th

It has been a bit quiet on the blog front over the last week but I have not been resting. 

I got in 4km Tuesday, 3km wednesday 20km Thurday 6km Saturday and 10km Sunday.  Thanks to all of you who paced me on these swims, specially Helen who went well beyond the call of duty doing 3 laps on Thursday
It was frustrating not getting away on my set of tides but looking on the bright side as you will see from the temperature chart the surface temperatures in the Strait have risen 2 to 3 degrees over the last week.
I am second in line for the next set of tides which start Thursday or Friday this week.  I will not know until 7 pm the night before and will be hopping on the late flight to Wellington for a (probably) early morning start.

It is now in the hands of the Wellington weather.

I plan to do the beach races on Tuesday and Thursday and a longer swim on wednesday evening.  If the swim doesnt happen in the weekend I will probably do the Bean Rock swim.

Watch this space

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for you Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's the build up going Geoff ? Weather seems a bit better. May the wind blow gentle on your back & sun shine brightly on your strokes !!

    ReplyDelete