Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Background

As many of you will know I had some shoulder problems last week but a couple of sessions with Physios seemed to do the trick and I managed to complete the 10k epic at Taupo on Saturday and the 2.5k Masters championship on Sunday in mainly choppy conditions and no shoulder problems.

Taupo is a good swim. Water temp approx 20c and you can see the bottom all the way. Its a bit unnerving to see all the golf balls and know you are swimming through a driving range.

Its Tuesday night and Im off for an early night having done a 2hr swim at Parnell this afternoon. Its hard to believe that I am just over a week away from the swim.

My thanks to everyone who has swum with me and encouraged me over the last year. Between now and the swim I will be swimming solo as I need to find my own pace which is probably going to be a bit slower than the usual race to Cable buoy.

You will see a map on the blog with a small track going out from Tamaki Drive. This was my Nephew Isaac bravely paddling out from fergs Kayaks in a 30 knot northerly today to test out a tracking system which will hopefully allow you to follow my progress on the Strait.

No comments:

Post a Comment