Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday

There was no post Sunday as it was all a bit of a non event. The Red Beach race was cancelled due to gale force on shore winds and when I turned up at the Parnell Pools in the afternoon they were closed due to flooding. Nice to have a rest day. I Spoke to Philip Rush who counselled strongly against looking at weather forecasts and trying to second guess Wellington weather. Said it would "do my head in". Could this phenomena account for some of the decisions that seem to come out of Wellington?

Cook Strait temperatures have fallen with the recent bad weather - mental note - more rum required.

Parnell pool still out of commission today due to flooding so ended up swimming in the seaweed soup at Takapuna. Closest I'm ever likely to get to walking on water.

5 comments:

  1. Geoff, it's Tuesday and no word from today. Maybe you're waiting for the Beach Series swim?

    In case I don't get to see you before the big event, Martin and I will be with you every stroke of your journey. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Geoff, I wish you lots of good luck and fun on your BIG swim coming weekend! I was on the Cook Straight last summer (I cheated using the InterIslander) and had to think of you, gee what a distance, awesome!
    Tall Frank from the Toiletblock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geoff. Not sure if we will see you tonight or if Wellington will be the next time? The Ocean Swim newsletter suggested a Thursday swim may mean that you are flagging the BS tonight? Either way, I am sending out vibes for an under 10 knot wind. Whatever the conditions bring, I am sure you are equipped and ready to tackle them and I'll be thinking of you and wishing you all the very best. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gday Geoff, I'm wowed to hear about your swim. Will be following the blog with keen interest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Uncle Geoff, all the best for the swim, I'm so excited for ya and I'm praying for the perfect conditions for ya this Thursday! - Nathan

    ReplyDelete