Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday


I Got a swim in at Parnell Pool this afternoon - 7km in just under 2 hrs. I'm still trying to get the chlorinated salt taste out of my mouth.

I will try and get a swim in at Taka early tomorrow but by the look of the forecast I will be back to Parnell pool on Sunday.

There are probaby many of you who dont know where I will be swimming to cross the Strait. The chart to the right shows the SST (sea surface temperatures) in Cook Strait a couple of days ago and the black line is approximately the route I will be taking. This line is a very optimistic depiction of my route and the real path will probably have a bit of a curve to it. The path is more East/West than North/South

The direction of the swim is yet to be decided and will depend on conditions on the day. On the chart the temperatures appear to range from about 14 to 17 degrees along the route but due to the proximity of cold deep water either side of the Strait colder patches are likely. Brrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment