Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rest Day

I Had a rest day (from swimming) today and concentrated on clearing the desk for next week. My tidal window is Thursday the 27th until sunday 31st Jan. Those are the days when the tidal flow through the Strait is at a minimum and a crossing is feasible. The other condition I am looking for is a Wellington wind forecast of less than 10 knots. If you know Wellington this is a bit of an ask.
I am now eating for two (me and my wetsuit). Wetsuits are not allowed for the swim so I need to pack back on a bit of the lard I have shed over recent months.
The forecast for tomorrow is offshore winds at Takapuna so I will be heading down to swim a couple of hours before breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. My first comment went west into Cyberspace, so I will keep this one shorter in case the same happens. Great to get your updates Geoff, and so pleased to hear the shoulder is OK. Enjoy dining with your wetsuit and see you soon, Jo :-)

    ReplyDelete